Alonso Castellanos Rueda
Mr. Castellanos has been Capitalcorp's CEO for twenty-five years. Prior to this position, Mr. Castellanos was CFO of Avianca, where he designed and implemented the only external debt restructuring ever in Colombia using a discounted debt buy-back mechanism and financed the acquisition of new planes and led a cost reduction and financial restructuring process. He also worked for IFC's Capital Markets division in Washington D.C., covering financial institutions throughout Latin America and as CFO of BANCOLDEX, the Colombian Eximbank, where he negotiated credit lines in excess of $2 billion and structured the first emerging markets Eurobond issue after the Mexican financial crisis. Mr. Castellanos has been a leading financial expert witness in Colombia, where he has participated in some of the largest arbitration cases in different sectors. He has also served on the boards of directors of many industrial and financial companies.
As CEO of Capitalcorp, Mr. Castellanos was responsible for the execution of over forty privatization projects, as well as many mergers and acquisitions and capital markets deals.
Mr. Castellanos has been a University lecturer in leading Colombian universities: Los Andes, Norte, Externado, and Rosario. Mr. Castellanos holds an MBA and a B.B.A. in Economics from the University of Miami, FL. Mr. Castellanos is fluent in English and Spanish.
CPA with over 30 years’ experience providing tax and accounting solutions. Vast working knowledge of forensic accounting and litigation services.
• ETB Telcoms IT Massification Leader
• Managing Partner A.T.G. Asesores Tributarios Group S.A.
• C.I Esapetrol S.A. CFO
• Young & Rubicam Brands Ltda. Controller
• Mercedes Benz Colombia Ltda. Assurance Leader
• Corporación Financiera Fes S.A. CORFES Tax & Accounting Head
• Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo S.A. Tax Leader
• Banco de Comercio Exterior de Colombia S.A. -BANCÓLDEX Tax Leader
• Corporación Financiera de los Andes S.A. Accounting Head